I love the Loop – I love everything about it.
It always reminds me of why I like to Bimble! Here is my top ten list in no particular order with some pics from the race yesterday.
1. The ritual blessing/chant: I believe it has both Celtic and Navajo roots..
Beauty before me when I run.
Beauty behind me when I run.
Beauty below me when I run.
Beauty above me when I run.
Beauty beside me when I run.
Beauty within me when I run.
I see Beauty all around.
In beauty may I walk.
In beauty may I see..
In beauty may we all be.
2. The mud. ‘nuf said.
3. Time with friends in the woods & some of them win pies!
4. Taking nervous Twinkles (& newbies in general) to the race and hearing her talk about next year while we are still out on the course. 🙂
5. The pine needle section and the river section just after the camp-ground/ parking-lot – Did I mention the amazing choir that was out singing there this year?! Awesome! (Thoughts of Lefty)
6. The bag pipes – they always make me bleary eyed – and we enjoyed them in a couple of places this year.
7. The story of The Leatherman – a documentary is in the works…
8. The wonderful memories that fill your mind when you run these races over time with lots of friends. (I know Master Po danced his rain dance hard this year, real hard)
9. The contagious laughter heard through the mud flats.
10. That model of the race featuring our accomplished champ Guthrie and even a blood stain from another famous runner’s collision with a rock. It is awesome!
… I could go on and on, fun times out there again this year – thanks to everyone who makes this race happen! Shout out to Super Mudder and The Iselin’s sorry I did not get any pics of you guys.
-click on any image for a scrollable slide show…